Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Taraji P. Henson Inspired Red Lippie

ESSENCE Black Women In Music Event





























I saw pics of Taraji from the Essence Black Women in Music Event. She inspired me to try a red lippie. Those that know me, know that I am not a lipstick wearer and most definitely not red lipstick. I prefer my tinted lip glosses any day over a lipstick. Although lately, I have been eyeing Lime Crime's opaque lipstick in Airborne Unicorn and My Beautiful Rocket.



My red lippie interpretation.

Face:
MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation-#65
MAC Studio Finish Concealer- NC45
Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzer- Brown Bronze
MAC MSF in Porcelin Pink as highlight on cheeks

Eyes:
UDPP

MAC Eyeshadow Paradisco on lid
MAC Cork blended in crease

MAC Penultimate Eyeliner-Rapid Black

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black

Eye Brows:
Maybelline Define A Brow in Dark Brown

Lips:
MAC Lip Pencil- Cork

Black Radiance Red Lipstick- 5008A



This was my first time using Maybelline Define A Brow Eyebrow Pen in Dark Brown. I love it! It also has a little eyebrow comb at one end. Great eyebrow pen for the price.
 

I just may wear this red lippie out of the house. ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a very pretty look on you. You should wear that lipstick out of the house it's beautiful. I love my red lipstick and I usually wear red everyday.

Mz. More said...

Perfect shade of red for you. I love it!

Alycia's Hot Spot! said...

Thanks ladies for the compliments. @Vixxan, I am going to be a little more adventurous by wearing red lips out of the house. LOL!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see that you tried a red lip because it looks fabulous. :]

Once upon a time I felt the same way about lipstick, but it's some pretty fantastic stuff once you give it a chance.